Canadian Foreign Policy Essay Competition
The Canadian Association for Security and Intelligence Studies Vancouver, in conjunction with the Canadian International Council, is hosting an essay competition on the topic of Canadian foreign policy. The winning essay will receive a CASIS Vancouver membership, a CIC membership as well as have their essay published in the upcoming issue of the Journal of Intelligence, Conflict, and Warfare and shared on the CIC website.
- Manuscripts should be submitted in English
- Word limit is anywhere between 1000-5000 words
- Topic has to be foreign policy-based. It can be Canadian foreign policy or foreign policy from other states that directly affects Canada.
- All manuscripts must be submitted in Word format (.docx)
- Manuscripts should conform to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA Manual). All headings, subheadings, reference lists, etc., must follow the latest APA standards;
- Biographies of the first author and/or corresponding author within 150 words. This should include the name, rank, educational background, research field, etc.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor);
- Where available, URLS and DOI’s for the references have been provided;
- The text is double-spaced;
- uses a 12-point font;
- employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses);
- and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
Submission due date: January 4th, 2019
Winner will be announced on January 31st, 2018