With a very knowledgeable and engaged group of academic, business and community members who share an interest in foreign affairs, international business and trade, and Canada’s role in the world, branch activities provide a unique networking opportunity for those who are in Halifax but who have their eyes on issues overseas. The Branch enjoys a partnership with Dalhousie’s Centre for the Study of Security and Development.
We also actively seek to establish relationships with other organizations and institutions in Halifax that share our interest in international affairs. Through these efforts, we have been able to develop stronger programs and extend our reach to include more of the community at large.
The Halifax branch is fortunate to have an enthusiastic group of Executive members who volunteer their time and expertise to organize events and ensure the success of the branch.
We welcome new members, partnership opportunities and ideas to enliven our speakers’ program or to help us to engage the wider public.
Liaison – Centre for the Study of Security & Development
There are no upcoming events at this time.
Recent events have included:
- A changing Global Order: the view from Washington and Halifax
- Canada- China Relations, with Stewart Beck
- Canada’s Arctic Sovereignty
- Beyond GDP International Experiences, Canada’s Options
- How Canada can respond to the threat of populism, with Ben Rowswell
- Living with China in an era of Great Power Rivalry with Paul Evans
- Insights on Saudi Arabia and the Middle East, with Dennis Horak
- Trump, Trudeau and the rules-based order: What Can Canada Do? with Colin Robertson